Thursday, June 30, 2005
Wednesday, June 29, 2005
Friday, June 24, 2005
Friday, June 17, 2005
Thursday, June 16, 2005
- S - Sidestroke
- T - Treading
- E - Elementary Backstroke
- P - Dog Paddle
- B - Breaststroke
- B - Backdrills
STEPBB or BBSTEP (baby steps?). How about other drills like float? Tabletop aka Maternity float, sculls, etc. Need to fix the family Algar bottle. I've read that Vit C, K and Z (Potassium and Zinc) are great top prevent sore muscles. Timed myself today. One length free was 31 secs from 34 or 35 secs last year. One length elem is 51 secs. There was whitish powder (chlorine?) clumps everywhere. My sinus was a little affected. It still feels weird coz of the fractured molar but I had this filled today by Doc Angie. She said it was a "temporary" permanent filling and may fall/ break off if strong uneven pressur is applied. Nopes, the broken molar had nothing to do with age.
Wednesday, June 15, 2005
Friday, June 10, 2005
Today, I found and picked a Php10 coin from the bottom. Must've been from the crowd who played "sisid". Next time do the laps in different lanes of the pool. Who knows what else I'll find and take home! Next time, string together the workouts/ strokes for enhanced aerobics.
Saturday, June 04, 2005
Friday, June 03, 2005
Need to practice leg-kicking at the pool corner first. Also, don't move the head too much to navigate as this breaks streamline. It may be better to assume the backstroke head position instead and then sight when you're closer to the wall.
Wednesday, June 01, 2005
- It could prevent drowning and save your life. Here's a very interesting article about swimming (and drowning) in the Philippines.
- Boosts your confidence to take up other watersports like surfing, windsurfing, waterskiing, wakeboarding, scuba, etc.
- Swimming is easy on the joints and can become a lifetime activity. Can you say the same for basketball, tennis or badminton?
- Great rehab for those who've had back injury. Talk to doctors for back rehab and they will recommend it. Your body is not restricted to a single plane and can move virtually 3d. You can move up, down, left, right, forward, back and be virtually supported by the water everytime.
- No sweaty and stinky clothes, socks and shoes to deal with after your workout.
- Great opportunity to show off that bod that you'ved worked hard for at the gym. "Hey I may not have a six-pack, but I do have a barrel"
- No expensive equipment required. All you need is a pair of goggles and a swimsuit. Well ok, you need pool fees, if you insist on the pool as 'equipment'. Heck you also pay for badminton court fees, green fees (golf) and whatever.
- You feel like flying. The Water is the Sky. Where else can you feel like you're actively "flying" (not falling) esp. with the Butterfly stroke.
- You feel refreshed and clean afterwards!
and the Top reason for taking up swimming is:
- Kapag magsu-swimming ang barkada, makakapag-swimming ka talaga, at hindi ikaw na lang parati yung nagtatampisaw sa tabi, nakababad sa kiddie-pool, taga-ihaw ng tilapia at taga-bantay ng mga gamit! Oks ba?